Regarding the connection between cervical spinal manipulation and stroke, a little perspective and some facts are in order. Please take a look at the following:
According to NCMIC, the average malpractice insurance rate for doctors of chiropractic across the country is $1,500. For general physicians (MDs), rates range from $10,000 to $20,000--depending on the area of the country.
Ibuprofen can increase the risk of heart trouble and has been linked to heart attacks, strokes, and blood clots, all of which can be deadly.
Ibuprofen can damage the lining of your stomach, putting you at risk for stomach ulcers and heartburn.
The New England Journal of Medicine estimated that at least 103,000 patients are hospitalized per year in the United States for serious gastrointestinal complications due to NSAID use. These authors also estimated that there are 16,500 NSAID-related deaths annually in the United States, making this the 15th most common cause of death.
The association between neck manipulation and vertebral artery dissection is about 1 in 5.85 million adjustments.
• Overall risk of death from spine surgery: 1,800 per 1 million
• Risk of serious side effects/death from cervical spine (neck) surgery: 500 per 1 million
• Risk of death from combined use of NSAIDS/aspirin: 153 per 1 million
• Risk of death from prescription opioid pain medications: 53.6 per 1 million
• Risk of death from aspirin: 25 per 1 million